Thursday, January 2, 2014

ER DOCTORS vs. CROHNS

ok soo a couple nights ago I wake up with a feeling of a severe sinus infection. for most it isnt a big deal I knew otherwise i went and took some meds. sat in the hot shower hoping the steam would help but the pain was already unbearable. I was puking and couldnt even keep a sip of water down. this started at 3 am. skip to 5am, i am losing vision in my right eye and know I need to seek medical attention asap. so I woke up hubs who insisted I try to do what I can before going to the er, and let him know I couldnt wait anymore I needed to go now! so we loaded up the kids and he drove me to the closest one. I was taken back fast but he wasnt allowed back apparently the kids are not allowed in the er which is bs they would have been fine. the whole 30 minutes im back there he is freaking out asking about me and wanting to go back and see if im alright. ok before I go any further let me say I have a horrible immune system and with a normal immune system it would be such a freak out from either of us he usally has to drag me in screaming to the er. so i see the nurse then the dr comes in and lets me know he will not treat me because im pregnant. which please please keep yourself in the loop with the laws he refused to treat me which he can not do and told me to go home take some meds and rest. not happening after walking out barely able to see out of my right eye I throw the discharge papers and hubs and start cryin. I knew i needed help and was upset because i know how bad they get with me. so another 30 minute drive he called into work and we headed to the next er which had me in right away with 3 nurses no not cnt or cna but nurses who got me set up checked me out and within 15 minutes of being there the dr had came in and a i.v had been started he talked to me all of 5 minutes heard me tell him I had been through it before everytime i get a sinus infection got my history and got me set up within an hour i was on my way out of the door scripts in hand ready to go home and rest. this hospital and staff were amazing they didnt rush me along I kinda rushed them and they went with it they heard what I was saying and did what they could to help. the nurse herself even went and personally made hubs a cup of coffee. really a nurse she wasnt barking orders at the cnt to go do it. they were kind they did there job correctly. they let me rant about hospital a. and even were kind enough to keep checking on me during the iv. i wasnt treated like I didnt matter in fact this is the first hospital I was treated with soo much respect! I have been to way too many bad hospitals and this one blew me away I go see my o.b there but have never gone to there er it was the best by far

No comments:

Post a Comment