Friday, January 3, 2014

are you there ashaley, It's me your colon

Well we all go through it , most of the time without warning all of a sudden the pain hits then sweats your heart is racing you are rushing to go find the closest bathroom hoping if in public that no one will be in there. Your hurting its coming and you can not stop it. There is fear anger worry and nothing you can do but hope you make it there in time. Its shameful and you feel less of a human for it. But it happens to all of us crohnies. That sudden urge to go that you can not hold back. No matter what you do how you eat, rest, take your meds whatever you may do to help your crohns we all get those gotta go moments. As I am writing this I am currently in my bathroom which I had got up and rushed to as if i were a trained running jumping over some toys and by passing my son asking if I was ok to get the relief of sitting down and letting out a sigh knowing I made it in time! Most of us hide this we try to stay home s much as we can and avoid all things public ( just in case ). It is a matter of life with crohns no matter what you do at times it will happen. That is a point that we all must realize and eventully get past in time. I can recall countless times ive been in public or at someones house trying to avoid it and hoping no one would notice what was going on. Ive gotten rude remarks in public from strangers in a bathroom who had no idea I had crohns and that nasty smell I couldnt help or avoid. Its not a part of my life like it or not it is a part of me. for awhile i tried to figure out a way to stop it. even more than public I hated waking up half asleep in the midle of the night trying to make it to the bathroom. but then again my bathroom is my friend I can sit in there as long as I want I have my books and magazines. I have read every label in there on all the products that are even close to the pot. it doesnt matter if im in there 5 minutes or 5 hours. It is my safe place and I can have a little piece of serenity even it if is just a bathroom to most. to me it is freedom not to worry about how it smells how long im in ect. if anyone in my home has a problem with it oh well. well all need that. the one safe bathroom that we dont have to worry about being in. we all panic but in that panic we dont realize that theres little to do when it happens just go with it. Crohns is now a part of you and like it or not it is staying. I still get scared walking into a public bathroom but find humor when people rush out or make comments about the smell and or sounds.

soo what to do:
1. dont worry so much you can not help whats going on and some people wont understand dont worry about those people they dont matter

2.  do not harm yourself by trying to keep it in. or not eat because your afraid of going poop.

3. at home keep nice soft paper and wet wipes in your bathroom pamper your bottom after all it goes through alot

4. try breathing your way through the pain and panic attacks

5.  find your safe bathroom

Remeber when upset, alone depressed you are not alone! look for a support group, find a fellow crohnie online. go to fb blogs websites anything to ease your mind. Togather we are strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment