Tuesday, October 15, 2013

crohns medication and me

So I went threw i tiny bit of me having crohns and recieved a request to talk about my medications and diet. It worries me someone reading my diet and thinking oh well she does it so I could too. no this is at this point a disclaimer please do not take anything i write as medical advice. each person body is diffrent and everyone has diffrent triggers. I know mine well and know what I can and can not tolorate. I would say take your time and elarn yours and dont follow a fad crohns diet just becasue someone says it will work you know your body better than anyone else even your g.i, only you can say what can and can not work for it. it takes years to know yourself and all of your trigger but it is well worth it. with this being said i will write about my diet and do a part two for my medications!!

Ok so first off i have for straight point diet i can not have milk, anything spicey or with a lot of acid, nothing with a lot of fiber, no pork, beef very rarely, and most veggies are a no no! but i eat healthy im not perfect and some times i eat unhealthy food but mostly i eat very organic and natural i do canning with fresh local fruits and veggies so i can eat that way all year long i stay away from startches as much as i can. and processed foods. as well as fast food. it is a rare treat to eat out, or have some chips!!! i love boiled eggs they dont hurt me. i hate fish so that isnt happening at all yuck!! i try to eat as healthy as i can and watch how much i eat i try not to over eat but hey it happens I will be in some pain but feel better again and move forward. what helps is what I eat everyone in the house eats they have adopted a healthier eating habit and my kids will sit aorund and snack on fruits and veggies all day long. we do have quite a bit of fruits and veggies I cant eat here butthe rest of the family eating healthy makes me happy. they do get mcdonalds every so often I dont deny them what most of us what have grown up with. we simply choose to make it rare and show them that you can make a home cooked meal and it taste good without being frozen or in a box. and yes you can enjoy your food without it being smoothered in grease for every meatl. and it helps that our kids know how to eat healthy even at there young ages they are allowed to make decisions on what they eat and they make the right ones. they even know what I cant eat and will call me out if i am eating one of my triggers! they grew up with me sick it is a normal for them. they are allowed to be included in making some meals and thats what makes some meals better than others when they can help out or sit and watch us. we have adopted this clean eating life style and we love it! i know this isnt a cut and dry i eat this and not this. but the way we eat and prepare our food isnt cut and dry and me listing it out like that will not help anyone we are all indviduals and our body react diffrently!
here are some jams i made i love our jams i could eat them all day long and be just fine!

a smoked brisket with just picked greenbeans something about smoked meat it never hurt me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment